Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shadows & Stone

This time
the worst heartbreak ever
but my world hasn't completely crumbled
and it surprises me
that I can still see
that I am okay
I miss you
now more than ever
because you don't miss me in return
you've found flattering love
and I've gotten a taste of my own medicine
I'm hanging in mid air
and at the same time
I'm buried in the debris of a world I created
I forgot
that someone created me
and I'm the pretend master of my play world
I hold reigns
made of shadows
as I convict myself
to a pain
made of stone .

. 24 Sept 08 .

2 comments:

  1. My my Tanvi, I must say you're words are more real than any I've read or heard in very long... And that's the biggest compliment any poetry can get, very well put!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikhil just said all . . .

    ReplyDelete